Thursday, June 10, 2010

Small Favor by Jim Butcher

If you enjoy the previous nine Dresden Files you should enjoy this one, too. It was quick and mindless, but the fun factor was largely absent. I miss the flaming-poo flinging giant monkeys found in a previous book.

The usual formula is stagnate. Butcher has nothing new to say. I don't know how many more Dresden Files I am going to read. I will probably continue to pick one up from the library if I've had a especially bad day, but gone are the days when I look forward with special glee to next one. I hope the next ones pick back up.



1 comments:

Regan said...

I loved it, and I think he's kept the series together, better than say Charlaine Harris has with her series. It has to be challenging to have such a long running series and still have enough characters left to play with...

And *spoiler alert*

There's a baby! How's that stagnate?